Friday, October 7, 2011

Great Black and White photographers part III




When I first looked at Cunningham's photography it caught my attention because they were all in black and white. They all looked vintage-like and I loved how the subject/s of the photograph were simple and direct and took up all the space. They all seemed like they had emotion and were elegant. 

I see...black and white. All mixed emotions and interesting people. I see a different aspect towards the woman's body and a different way of art. I see the contrast between the youth and elderly.

I smell... the nature and aroma of the outside as the background. The sweet perfume of the all the women posing for the camera and the tender smell of an old woman and her clothes. The smell of the  trees swaying through the wind.

I hear... the raspy yet sweet voices of older women. I hear the smooth clear voice of a young liberated woman. I hear these women telling me about past memories as why they're being photographed.

I taste... the outside, the water, flowers, trees and the leaves. I taste the breath upon my nose of these women's breath as they try to stand still for the photograph. I get a taste from all the different stories of these women's past and what makes them so interesting to my photography.

I feel... the wrinkles upon the old woman's face as I touch her hand and direct her where to stand. I feel the elaborate clothing made from good fabrics of the elegant woman. I feel the hard and rough bark that the naked woman must stand by for the photograph.

In order to show more of Imogen Cunningham's photography I would create a blog just for her work and express in detail what delight the photograph brings to me so that others can too express their opinions about them. Also power points to show the different people and subjects she decides to have in her photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment